Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Our Own Slice of Alcatraz

Mark this down -- along with The Oak Bar (Copley Plaza Hotel) and The Last Hurrah (Omni-Parker House) -- as a hotel bar that I'm dying to try. Alibi at The Liberty Hotel. I can't say I know too much about this bar, but it's atmosphere sounds unbelievably cool. It's situated on the ground floor of The Liberty Hotel, which was formerly the Charles Street Jail from 1851 to 1990. They've obviously renovated the building to turn it into a 298-room/$500 per night luxury hotel, but apparently they've kept many structural reminders of the hotel's past, including narrow cell door openings, tile blocks, and barred-windows. Alibi itself will be located in a former cell block and will have a signature cocktail list to match its environment. Sounds pretty unique in a spooky kind of way. Don't know if I'll ever have the money to stay there, but for now I'll definitely take a Dirty Martini, easy on the vermouth, extra olives.

No comments: