Thursday, September 27, 2007

Finger Lickin' Good

In the midst of the excitement surrounding our trip to the beach and our desperate search for Springsteen tickets, I forgot to tell everyone that Bev and I have a new addition to our family -- a Cuisinart Deep Fryer. Watching all those Paula Deen episodes must have finally affected me, right? It's just a tiny deep fryer, so don't anyone get any grand ideas that we're running a fast food joint out of our kitchen. A bake shop, maybe...but that's Bev's doing. I had to promise my lovely wife that I wouldn't abuse my privileges, so we haven't fried up too many goodies. On Labor Day we fixed up some onion rings (they were delicious, of course), but the real crown jewels thus far has been the hot wings. I cooked them up while Bev was making chili, and then we devoured both while watching the Pats demolish the Chargers. Don't they look good?



Bev did the fancy arranging. And supplied the vegetables.

Next up on the menu -- Hush Puppies!

No comments: