Monday, June 4, 2007

Merseyside Hooligans

According to a UEFA report, Liverpool supporters have been dubbed the "worst behaved fans in Europe." I think we're supposed to be upset by this claim, but I'll wear it as a badge of honor instead. There's only one way to be a true fan, and that's passionately, right? In my short time rooting for Liverpool, I've never experienced any of this supposed bad behavior. Sure, I may have been known to drink a few pints of Guiness at 7:30 a.m. on a Saturday or Sunday morning. Sure, I may have been known to direct a few obscenity-laced songs at ManU(re) or Chelsea ("We hate Nottingham Forest, we hate Everton too -- they're s**t. We hate Man United, but Liverpool we love you!") But one thing I've never done is encourage my wife, brother, or sister to drink Christmas Car Bombs.

Okay, so I might have done that too. But I swear to you -- Liverpool fans are well-behaved.

Some of them anyway.

No comments: