Friday, June 1, 2007

Ball, Step, Cha-Cha-Cha

Bev and I feel no shame reveling in bad TV. We were watching Joe Millionaire before it was cool. American Dreams? Never missed it. Our guilty pleasure this spring was Dancing With the Stars. At least we weren't alone in loving this show. 22.8 million people watched the season finale, and we all know 22.8 million Americans can't be wrong! Bev loves the dancing. I love how the show inspires me to dance (you haven't lived until you've seen my Paso Doble). Bev loves the costumes. I love the lack of costumes. DWTS has something for everyone. Heck, we even love watching host Samantha Harris stumble through interviews with contestants -- seriously, we haven't see this much awkwardness since 6th grade, watching Price ask girls to dance at Lynda Bell's Ballroom Dance Class (thanks for that emotional-scarring, Mom). Anyway, Paris Hilton knows the real reason we all watch DWTS: It's hot! I came across this very funny article describing how DWTS is the new Baywatch. It's a must-read for any devotee of the show, and it gets to the heart of why DWTS is so popular: women love to see hot men dance, and men just love to see hot women, period. Maybe Bev kept voting for Apolo because she liked his tight pants? Maybe I should buy a new pair of Wranglers? These are questions to ponder. For now, I'm off to defend my Waltz title.

A lot of lip-biting going on. Arms need to extend a little. It appears he's trying to bring sexy back, but this dance looks pretty white. I give it a 4 out of 10. On to the next dancer:

Fantastic rhythm and choreography. Impeccable style. Great chemistry with her partner. This dance even incorporates great props...there's nothing like a girl examining her armpits to make you look better. 10!!!!!!

3 comments:

The Girl said...

Wow, Price, I just puked a little...in my mouth...at the thought of you doing the Paso Doble. I obviously wanted Joey to win, but that goes back to my NSYNC roots. Speaking of which, I heard rumors JC might be gay too? Lance, fine. But JC too? No way!

The NW Blairs said...

Banks just mumbled and I thought he said "I used to have a crush on JC from NSYNC".

umm...

...and he wants to challenge you to a dance-off, Price.

The Boston Blairs said...

I've got Dance Dance Revolution for Xbox 360. Let's go, bro!