Friday, June 29, 2007

Top 10 Moment

"Someday, girl, I don't know when, we're gonna get to that place where we really wanna go, then we'll walk in the sun, but till then tramps like us, baby we were born to run!"

Bev and I have seen The Boss live on two occasions -- once in Philadelphia with the rest of the E Street Band on the Vote for Change Tour (2004) and once in Boston on his solo Devils and Dust Tour (2005). It's definitely true what they say about Bruce -- you never forget your first time. Seeing him close the Philly show with "Born To Run" ranks up there as a Top 10 moment in my life. The show was winding down, I had resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to hear Thunder Road or Born To Run...then "One! two!..." and the rest is, well, goosebumps. I'm glad I found this video. If you ever get the chance to see Bruce live, drop everything and do it. No one in the business puts as much heart, soul, and sweat into every song.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great video, greater song. If you pause it just right at the 4:19 mark, you can see Price gyrating wildly in some sort of trance-like state, reminiscent of his early performances of "Four Months-The Pilgrim Song." On a similar note, was that Chris Carrabba playing rhythm guitar in the E Street Band? It damn well better not have been.