Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Not Such A Sensation

From what I hear, Raine, Jenne, and Banks saw pop sensation (and Foxborough's own) JoJo in concert this past weekend. Raine apparently loved the concert and told everyone she met, "JoJo's my mofo!!! I'm going to buy her CD as soon as I get back to Fairfax! Maybe she'll even add me as a friend on her MySpace page?!" Apparently, not everyone was as enthusiastic about the performance as Raine was. This blurb ran in the Boston Globe today:

A rough show for JoJo

It's not easy being a teen sensation. Just ask Joanna "JoJo" Levesque. The fresh-faced lass from Foxborough experienced serious technical difficulties at the Dogwood Festival in Fayetteville, N.C., over the weekend, and posted an apology on her MySpace page yesterday. "The sound company that was hired for my show did not deliver what they promised," the 16-year-old singer wrote, "which resulted in my show being delayed 30 minutes, my microphone going out twice, speakers going out. . . . What doesn't break you makes you stronger!!!" Still, it wasn't all bad: JoJo said she was given the key to the city. "Does that mean I can get in to all your houses?" wrote JoJo, signing off with a smiley face.

2 comments:

The Girl said...

haha JoJo is a B! As made obvious when in the middle of her song she yelled "turn my vocals up!"

The NW Blairs said...

What?! No mention of the train that came through, tooting it's horn in the middle of her set? At the end of her song she growled, "I'm so frustrated!"

She went on to say she loves Fayetteville. I think she's lying.