Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sk8r Guy

Looks like Lindsay caught onto a Boston tradition before it was cool. This past Sunday, the Globe had an article on the famous "skater guy" from Boston's frog pond. This guy is the real deal. He's a 52-year old tree surgeon from Concord, NH and makes the drive to Boston at least twice a month to entertain what sounds like a growing crowd. The real kicker? He's never had a lesson! Not many people could possibly pull that off so well.

Now that the weather has turned nice and chilly, Price and I are sure to be spotted on a bench in the common to catch a glimpse of this guy.

*Side note for Banks: I know you mentioned park ranger, but how about getting in on some tree surgeries? Sounds pretty green to me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I never once mentioned being park ranger. I said wildlife conservation. Everyone else cooked up some campaign hat wearing, Smoky the Bear, park ranger motif. Maybe I will be a ninja or a super hero. They have degree plans for that don't they?

I know, maybe I will be the next president of the Mars. Then when everyone else has destroyed the Earth, I will hold carte blanche for admission and acceptance onto my planet. That'll learn'em.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for you guys to park it on a bench one sunday afternoon and take in the sight of this guy on skates. It's pretty clear he's never had lessons, but he sure knows how to show everyone on the ice what "passion" is all about. What I'm curious to know is what the heck he listens to on those headphones...if you guys get a chance to ask him this as he flies into one of the boards on your side of the rink, that would be AWESOME.