Friday, November 16, 2007

Chicagoland

Just a week ago today, Price and I were on our happy way to Chicago. We had a nice, long weekend ahead of us and couldn't wait to get to the big city. OH WAIT...it wasn't that simple! How could I forget our debacle at NY's JFK airport? I am officially afraid of that place, since I have now never passed through there without horrible problems. This trip proved no different. Price and I ended up on a plane with a bad brake and had to get towed from the runway to our gate. Here are the emergency crews racing towards our plane...eek!
Then we switched planes and just like that, it was 5 pm rush-hour! We have many great things to say about Jet Blue and are so happy with the service they provide between us and Richmond, VA (so convenient for traveling home). But they still seem to have trouble getting people to their destinations on time. At least we were compensated with some vouchers to cash in another time. And we did make it to Chicago and back, safe and sound :)

Onto the good stuff....

This was my first time to Chicago. I was so excited to experience another city and was very impressed. Chicago is beautiful and so wide open, much more so than NYC. Chicago is also a very clean and very well lit city, good for us nightcrawlers!

Our visit was a whirlwind and definitely warrants a return trip, but we had great fun doing just about everything.

Walking the Magnificent Mile.

A visit to the famous Billy Goat Tavern. "Cheezborger, cheezborger!"

An Architectural Foundation river tour.


Great food. Garrett's Popcorn is just melt-in-your-mouth delicious! The Chicago mix is what they are most known for - cheddar cheese and caramel crisp all mixed in one bag.
Millennium Park.


Riding the El.

Wrigley Field.

More great food.
Did I mention food yet? This is the original Uno's. It's a tiny place, just below street level, and all the pizzas are made-to-order. MMmmm, cheesey gooeyness! And I cannot forget to mention the holiday window display at Macy's. The theme this year is the Nutcracker (did they know I was coming into town?). I think this was my favorite thing!!Price, what was your favorite?

No comments: