Thursday, January 22, 2009

And we're back!

We apologize for such a long delay in our blog. We've been riding high ever since Obama's election and can hardly believe we are well into January already. So, let's get down to business and get caught up, shall we?

First things first, Price and I are expecting our first baby! We're so thrilled to be able to share the news with everyone and to enjoy this special time together. I'm a couple weeks into my second trimester and feeling great now. The first trimester was challenging, but fun at the same time. I've completely given myself over to this little one growing inside of me and have been amazed at all the changes. My once love of coffee is now nonexistent - the mere smell sends me running to the bathroom. I have a love/hate relationship with food. I seem to graze on small snacks throughout the day, but really do get tired of eating all the time. My hair and nails are stronger than ever and growing fast. I'm growing elsewhere, too, and have learned how to inconspicuously unbutton my pants for comfort :) Price has been a wonderful partner throughout this time. He is so dependable and has learned to adopt new chores for his pregnant wife. He'll be glad when I can resume litter box duty! We'll be sure to post some pictures as we go along to keep you all updated. Thanks to those of you offering us so much love, support and friendship! You make this time even more special!

Price has recently begun moonlighting at Fisher College. He is now an adjunct faculty member and is teaching Intro. to Human Anatomy and Physiology in Fisher's continuing education program. This week is his first and he's off to a great start. He only has 6 students, but is grateful for the teaching experience. Nice work, Professor!

We celebrated Christmas in Boston this year and had a great time with Mary and Raine. Tuck and Cynthia came over on Christmas Day and we enjoyed a lovely evening together. Overall, the holidays were quiet and relaxing. I didn't have the energy or the stomach to travel, so Price and I hung around frigid Boston for New Years. We are constantly grateful for time with just the 2 of us!

Keep an eye out for some pictures. I'll try to include a smattering of the last few months!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The cat is "roooww", out of the bag!

The NW Blairs said...

Hooray for Obama! Hooray for snow! Hooray for babies! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

The Boston Blairs said...

Hooray is right!!